Yo. 2010. Ease up on us, would ya please? Throttle back, m'kay?
- My husband lost his job in January. The restaurant completely shut down and operates no more. He's pretty much still unemployed although he'll be working waiting tables again next week.
- We were informed that we owe over $9,000 to the IRS. Fortunately this is an error on their part and they acknowledge it. But it also means that until it's fixed, they're going to snag our $4,000 return this year and send it back to us once everything is fixed. Nice.
- Our car broke down and required $1,600 worth of repairs (Thank you, Daddy, for help us!!)
- Various illness such as cold and flu have run through our family
- My husband developed a nearly-antibiotic-resistant staph infection and is still dealing with that mess
- My back has gone out numerous times
- We're fighting trying to get Medicaid to approve testing for our son. We're concerend with possible Aspberger's syndrome and some OCD tendencies. So far, Medicaid no wanna.
And today, my three year old daughter fell out her second story bedroom window. She's fine.. no broken bones, no trauma.. she's totally fine.
But seriously... 2010.. start being nice to us!
Okay. I'm done complaining. Now for some positives...
- My children are healthy. This is a huge positive. Huge.
- I have amazingly supportive family and in-laws. Again, a HUGE positive.
- Never in my life have I had such incredible friends as I do right now. My girls -- and you all know who you are -- never fail to be there when I need them. I just hope I can give all of you as much love and support as you give me.
- We have a roof over our heads and two months of rent paid.
- I have an over abundance of love in my life.
- I'm getting healthier and taking much better care of my diabetes.
No matter how defeated I'm feeling, I have so much to be thankful for.