Monday, January 19, 2009

Heart Attack Breakfast Casserole

My sister-in-law made a version of this last month but it had a ton of egg in it. I hate eggs. Gross. They make me gag. But I love hash browns and I love sausage so I made it w/out the nasty eggs.

Heart Attack Breakfast Casserole

1 bag frozen hash browns
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb country sausage
1 t. - 1 T crushed red pepper (to taste)
salt/pepper to taste

Cook and drain the sausage.
Mix cheese and hash browns; spread them into a greased casserole dish. It will look like you have way too much hash brown but it cooks down.
Top with sausage and mix into the hash browns a little.

Bake at 350 until the top is crispy and browned.

My only complaint is that the hash browns don't really get super cooked. I love me some well cooked, Waffle House style hash browns. This is a poor relation to the Waffle House hash browns.

No comments: