Monday, January 19, 2009

Chicken Noodle Souperole - my version

I really loved the idea of this "casserole", but of course I had to mix it up and customize it.


Chicken Noodle Souperole

4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breast (I only had three)
1 - 12 ounce package egg noodle
1 can cream of onoin soup
1 can cream of chicken w/ herbs soup
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 cup crumbled saltines or butter crackers, optional

Cook your chicken, either as whole breasts or diced/cubed. I dumped the chicken into the food processor and hit pulse a few times to chop the chicken up better.

In the same pan, heat up the mixed veggies. This bag happened to be "fiesta mix" and had a lot of beans in it too.

I mixed everything together in a big bowl, then poured it into a "greased" casserole dish. Cook at 350 for 30-40 mins. Add crumbled crackers to the top about 10 minutes before it's done. I used low salt Ritz.

If I had any, I would have mixed in some wheat germ or ground flax seed.

No comments: