Friday, October 3, 2008

No, my husband doesn't beat me

But right now my arms sure do look like it! Finger pricks hourly, blood drawn every 2 or 3 hours, and two IVs. My arms are a map of bruises all in varying shades of brown, purple, yellow, blue and maroon.

I spent three days in the hospital last week with DKA - diabetic ketoacidosis. Honestly, I haven't read the linked page because I've been told it's pretty scary stuff. If I hadn't gone into the ER, I would have died. It's that simple.

So now I'm on twice a day insulin injections and checking my blood sugar regularly. I'm on a modified diet that really amounts to a lifestyle change.

I'm overwhelmed. I'm scared. I'm angry. I'm wallowing in self-pity. I'm frustrated. I'm annoyed. I'm scared of food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! You are a strong woman, and you will get through this transistion. I can only imagine how scary it all is, though.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do... take the kids, cook a meal of some sort... I would love to help in anyway.