Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A quilting we will go....

Tonight, I started my first ever quilt.

Don't start to be impressed. It was the simplest quilt ever.

I purchased some polar fleece on sale and decided to make a lap quilt for my grandfather for Christmas. I had some fat quarters that worked perfectly. I sewed the quarters so that I had two across and three down. Then I attached the patchwork of fat quarters to the fleece, sewed three sides and turned it inside out. That's as far as I got before my back started hurting again.

Tomorrow I'll iron it flat, close the fourth side and start stitching the two pieces together all fancy-like. I probably should have put some batting in it, but because it's fleece I figured it would be warm enough.

I'll post pictures when it's complete.

No comments: