Monday, November 12, 2007

Is it safe to breathe?

When I first embarked on this journey of motherhood, I had such incredible expectations. Many of them have been met, some have morphed into reality, and others have gone out the window. That's just the way it is and I'm okay with that. Flexibility is key.

But I never once thought I'd be holding my breath so much.

I watch my two little people running around, exploring their worlds and I hold my breath at the beautify of discovery.

They take chances. And I hold my breath until I can run over, pick them up and make sure they haven't snapped their necks.

I kiss them to sleep at night and hold my breath as I'm hugged and kissed with the innocence of childhood.

I hold my breath and gasp as they jump on me and knock the wind out of me.

Holding my breath has become a normal part of life for me. Sometimes it's in anticipation, sometimes it's in shock. But it's always about love.

Even with all this breath holding, I go to bed at night and breathe easy knowing that my house is so full of love.

No comments: