Sunday, September 2, 2007

Why bed time doesn't always matter.

Almost any Wednesday night this past summer, at 8:30 pm you will find my almost-three-year-old son in the living room, not in his bed. Running around the living room, jumping, hopping, dropping onto the floor. Why is he so wound up? He's dancing!

On most So You Think You Can Dance nights, I let Little M stay up and we watch it together.

I want my children exposed to various types of arts. And since I don't have a rhythmic bone in my body, the only way he's going to experience any type of decent dancing is if I look for ways to bring it into his life.

I must admit that I'm really looking forward to Dancing with the Stars so that we can watch it together. It really tickles me to see him dancing. I'll probably end up being one of those mothers taking her son to dance classes. I want both my children to have lots of extra-curricular activities. They may not be "good" at everything but we can have a lot of fun trying and learn some valuable life lessons along the way.

But for now, we'll start small with these dancing shows.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Just found your blog and I must say that I never thought to let my daughters stay up and watch So You Think You Can Dance, but they would LOVE it! I did get them into American Idol and they LOVED the singing. Thanks for the idea!