Monday, July 16, 2007

The Super Pooper of River City

I have changed my daughter's crib sheets three times already today. I've changed probably five insanely horrible poopy (well, diarrhea) diapers. Is it a virus? Is it teething? Either is a possibility. And honestly, does it really matter? I have a baby pooping water with the diaper rash from Hell. Who cares what's causing it? I just want it to stop!

But changing the crib sheets really isn't such a big deal. Since Bright Eyes is our second child, I've dealt with stomach bugs before and wowzers did I learn a lot. The best piece of advice I can give another parent when dealing with diarrhea and/or vomiting babies is this: layer, layer, layer. Layer that crib! Put down a waterproof mattress pad, a crib sheet, another waterproof mattress pad, another crib sheet, repeat until you have so many sheets on the bed that the mattress starts to curl up. This way, in the middle of the night, all you have to do is rip off a set and you're ready to put the baby back down.

I leave you with this thought to ponder: How is it possible for her to poop and have almost every bit of it miss the diaper entirely, land all over the crib and even three feet away on the floor?

No comments: