Sunday, April 25, 2010


I'm so sick and tired of people minimizing my concerns about my son. I am SICK TO DEATH of it!!

Every single time I hear someone say, "Well, that's just how kids are", I want to SPIT.

So what are you saying?? That I'm stupid and over reacting? Hey, thanks for the confidence in my parenting abilities and for really supporting my son.

There is a problem here. Why am *I* the only person who sees it?!?! Just because he doesn't have blatantly obvious issues doesn't mean there's nothing wrong and I'm a moron.

I know I'm not the only person who sees it; we're getting some great services and support through the elementary school. But when it comes to some of these more subtle issues, I can't get anyone to take me seriously... or at least seriously enough to help my son.

I feel so utterly helpless, impotent and hopeless. I don't know where to turn. I don't know how to help him. I'm so angry. I'm out of words for trying to explain it to people. I'm out of patience with my son and myself and the world.

Today was a really rough day.

No comments: