Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well, huh. That's interesting!

I grabbed a velor shirt I got for free at a clothing swap, cut out the side seams, folded it properly and laid down a pattern.... for a headband!

Now, the velor... Man that was a mistake! That material curls and slides so much! As a result, I have a very, very lopsided headband. It kept sliding as it went under the sewing machine foot.

I used an online pattern (but I can't find it right now but I'll try to add it later and then sized it down to fit Shaggy as I assembled it. I think it's a bit too tight. Darn, I'll just have to make more of them! LOL

Edited to add: Here's what the headband is supposed to look like: http://foofanagle.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/best-band-ever/

No comments: