Saturday, August 16, 2008

Shaggy: 3 Momma: 0

"Momma! I need HEWP! I need HEWP! Momma!"

I knew deep down that this was a false alarm, but I went in anyways.
Shaggy: I need pajamas OFF. Need sleeping roses pajamas. (Oh, the irony. Sleeping roses pajamas. If only.)
Me: *laying her down flat and zipping up her pjs once again* Listen. I'm tired of all this....
Shaggy: *cutting me off* I not tired. Not tired. Not tired. Not tired.

I just stared at her. I honestly didn't know what to say. Then she started softly rubbing my hair, while sweetly saying, "Not tired. I not tired Momma." It was so precious and it was the only thing that kept me from calling the gypsies to come get her!

So I stared at her. What do you do? What do you say? Sleep deprivation was taking hold and my reaction time was non-existent. I continued to stare.

Then she started making faces at me.

I bit my lip. I bit the insides of my cheeks. I tried to lower my head. I tried to laugh silently. I made the mistake of looking at her and she bugged her eyes out. I snorted so hard and so loud that she jumped and we both fell out laughing.

The more I laughed, the more she laughed. The more she laughed, the more I knew I was in for a very long night so I laughed some more because of the sheer stupidity of it all.

So I gave in, went to the kitchen and got her some milk. That's what this was really about. She asked for milk an hour and a half ago and I said no.

Fear my mothering and disciplinary skillz.

No comments: