Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shoot me now

Otherwise titled, "Momma Wants A Stun Gun For Christmas"

As I have lamented many times over the past six months or so, Shaggy has been waking up in the middle of the night pretty regularly. Sometimes, she falls back to sleep right away. Other times, she's up all night. Literally.

Last night was no exception and I feel like death warmed over.

We're visiting my parents for the weekend which requires that Shaggy and I share a room. I went up to bed a little after midnight and was greeted by a little spritely child, running to me with her arms wide open, shouting, "Go downstairs Momma?!"

From that point on, it was agony. She finally fell asleep around 4am. Then woke up again at 7:30 and climbed into bed with me.

Seriously, what the heck is going on? Why is she waking up like this? What happened to my sleeping baby? She was sleeping through the night at two months. What happened??

Of course she was super cute this morning which helped diminish my grumbling. And at one point last night, I was laying on her bed next to her and she started rubbing my back so soft and sweet. That alone saved her. I was ready to call the gypsies to come and get her!

No comments: