Friday, April 11, 2008

Look at those peepers!

It has been a year since I had laser eye surgery and got rid of my glasses.

It feel like I've been without glasses my entire life, not just a year.

The procedure itself was rough for me. Evidently I'm the exception and not the rule so they were quite surprised that it was so painful for me. For the first few days, I really questioned if I had made the right decision or not. The next morning, I remember telling Big M that I thought I'd made a huge, huge mistake. Not having my sight is one of my biggest fears so this was a really hard thing for me to do.

I can see. A year ago, I couldn't. If you were sitting across the dining room table from me, I had to squint real hard to make out your facial expressions if I didn't have my glasses on. Now I can read street signs!

My dear friend Bean, thanks for your support and talking to me so much about your experience. It helped tremendously.

I love my "new" eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I hate that you had a bad experience, but I'm so glad you can see! Isn't it great!?