Saturday, December 1, 2007

A little agitation

I just spent the last 15 minutes watching my clothes swish around in murky water but never really get the full washing experience. The clothes dumped into the washing machine first stayed at the bottom. The clothes on top sat around on top in soap-filmy water and were never fully immersed in the washing machine.

I'm fascinated.

I knew our clothes weren't coming out of the laundry as clean as possible but had no idea why. I am pretty sure the blame is partly mine for overfilling the washing machine. I pulled a bunch of the bulkier stuff out and that helped a teensy bit but not much.

I also think part of the problem is that the agitator, that swivelly thing in the center, doesn't have very wide paddles. It can't easily grab onto the clothes and pull them under.

When I was a kid, I'd leave the lid to the washer open and watch the clothes come to the top, get pulled into the agitator and disappear into the water over and over. So not happening in my basement right now!

This is my new obsession - watching my clothes float around in murky water.

Have I officially become a redneck?

No comments: